Tuesday 29 May 2007

Show

I have been busy making. Very busy.

I have a craft show coming up in 2 weeks and in that time I am also heading down to NSW for a weekend.
So it is busy busy.
I am taking a different approach to what I do this time. I have brochures and business cards. I am oig to do a FREE drawing, yes that's right FREE where the people could win a pair of earrings. i need to take photos LOTS of photos.

I also purchased a proper tent. Why? Well in this case I plan to do a show once a month I want some protection. The good thing is that I can also take it camping as extra shade. I am also solely concentrating on my jewellery this time. I am not going to sell my other things this time. I am sharing a booth with my friend who makes stacks of things including jewellery. Is she competition for me? Well not really her suff is very different to mine and people who want her stuff wouldn't be after mine anyway.
The advantage of sharing this booth is that if people stop to look at one type of jewellery they may scan across and buy from the other anyway. If they are with friends then their frends may browse across as well.

It also helps cut costs and you are able to have a break when you need to. the only downside is that I am going to have my girls with me. DH has organised stuff on the same day so they are with me. I will be able to let them wander so far but not too far.
I don't have a banner yet and i want one. But if I get a banner it could cause problems with my friend. But my aim is to get out there and get known for her it is more of a hobby (she works very hard fulltime) where for me this is a chance to stay out of that rut that I hated so much.

So lets see I have a free prize drawing, gift certificates, flyers with information on my parties and brochures for my mothers jewellery. Phew.
I also approached a business locally today and they want me to send information on doing wire work classes for them.

I am making a conscious effort to spot chances. I am stopping and asking people that may be able to help me. I still have to come up with a way of not stumbling over my words. But I will get there. So far there has been no adverse reactions and the way I am trying to word it is so that it is beneficial to them as well.
For example Ii approached a shop today and asked about teaching through them. They were open to the idea but became more receptive as I explained that the classes would be held there and the customers would buy there proucts through them.

How do I do this? I send the customer to the shop to book for my class. While booking (either phone or in person) the shop lets them know about the kit for the class which they must purchase from there. While there they get to cusomise their kit (choose different beads) and be encouraged to purchase some basic tools (not expensive).

I charge a fee for teaching them and maybe give the shop a cut for use of their shop. The class will last 2 hours. And I will do 4 different classes for beginners.

I have to email her my stuf so will get to it very shortly.

No comments: